Did you know that your thoughts and emotions influence your body’s perception of pain? It is a physiological fact that fear and negativity can cause more pain in labor.
A DCJ Doula will keep you feeling positive through encouragement, reassured by informing you, and calmly focused through compassionate care and pain management techniques.
No wonder studies demonstrate that having a Doula present during labour and birth can reduce the length of labour and the need for intervention!
Our Birth Doula Care includes:
• 1 FREE consultation with a Doula to be informed and decide if we are the right fit to work together
• 2 prenatal information sessions that focus around preparing you for your labor and birth as well as postpartum
• Email and telephone support from the day we begin our relationship until 2 weeks after your baby comes.
• We are on call 24/7 from 37-42 weeks around your estimated delivery date
• Unconditional skilled support at your labor from the time you call us until 2 hours after birth
• 1 postpartum visit at your home for newborn care and breastfeeding support